There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
- Learn how to design, build, test, and fly spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Full ownership of the vehicle electrical systems design including hardware and firmware
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda together
- Scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
- Own the full design, build, test, fly cycle for electrical systems, printed circuit boards (PCBs), and avionics boxes
- Perform hands-on engineering development tasks such as soldiering and building wire harnesses
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Altium and PSpice software packages
- Experience with electronics design and analysis
- Hands-on project experience with complex electrical systems
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Knowledge of electrical test systems including test racks, power supplies, and in-circuit tests (ICT)
- Experience designing and implementing mixed-signal circuit boards using FPGAs, ethernet, serial, DRAM interfaces, SPI, CAN, and Serial
- Understand of electro-mechanical controllers including servo and DC motor drivers
- Experience with PCB design, debugging, and manufacturing.
- Experience working in a laboratory and/or manufacturing environment with engineering hardware
- Understanding of system impacts to component design decisions including packaging, thermal, environmental, and loads.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.