There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Research conducted on the ISS has shown that a range of pharmaceuticals can be improved through processing in a microgravity environment — from biologics, to small molecules to stem cells. Varda’s orbital platform offers a scalable path towards the production of pharmaceuticals in space for the first time, and this role will be formative in executing Varda’s initial pharmaceutical go-to-market strategy, and working as the voice of the customer internally as Varda builds out initial payloads for missions starting in 2023.
- Identify, qualify, pursue and close business opportunities throughout the pharmaceutical industry
- Design and build initial contract structures, and pricing strategies
- Keeping up to date on scientific literature and clearly articulating technical concepts
- Prioritize a pipeline of activities from revenue driving to strategic partnerships
- Ability to work closely with finance to build initial pricing models
- Iterate on initial go to market strategy based on extensive customer conversations
- Serve as a representative for Varda at industry events, and interviews
- Travel as needed for customer meetings and industry events (~30%)
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry bringing new technologies to market
- Experience leading a partnership with a range of pharmaceutical companies — from small to large
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand novel pharmaceutical, and science concepts
- Success in forming, and iterating on a go to market strategy, from contract formation, to closing, to account management
- Familiarity with discounted cash flow analysis
- Familiarity with 505(b)(2) and 351(k) pathways
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Experience bringing a pharmaceutical to market
- Natural science or engineering degree
- Marketing and event experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.