There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
As Varda’s Site Operations Lead, you will wear many hats and work across every department within the organization. In addition to owning programs inside the company you’ll be responsible for reporting to necessary governmental agencies at the local, state, and federal level. In this role you’ll need to be a self-starter with the insatiable desire to learn. Reporting directly to the COO, you’ll have the ability to support our groundbreaking technology and product line.
- Varda Campus, Facilities, and Safety
- Develop and own the Environmental, Health, and Safety Program
- Ensure facility design, aesthetic, and layout match with the team's requests, culture, and functions
- Manage the Jira ticketing system of all inbound Facilities requests and delegate to sub-contractors
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the facility
- Support and analyze employee transit services including rideshare, California traffic control, and company vehicle safety measures
- Community Support
- Support in employee onboarding by providing context to all the programs under your purview (EHS, Travel, Security, Facilities)
- Oversee and improve the Varda Travel Programs for recruits, employees, and interns
- Work on employee perk and retention programs
- Provide training as necessary for programs owned
- Plan and coordinate office wide events
- Business Analyst
- Build, deploy, and maintain business operations systems, infrastructure, and special projects
- Contribute to the BI and EIS business plan
- Coordinate with the Purchasing team on purchasing reconciliation and on interfacing with local vendors
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting
- Create visualizations and reports using the BI toolset
- Coordinate with the IT team to maintain critical on-site IT systems
- Support Human Resources including automation tools to support employee onboarding, leveling, raises, equity grants, and promotions
- Coordinate with the Finance team to develop and maintain KPIs and reports relevant to the business
- Human Resources and Business Partner
- Assist in maintaining project plans, folders, milestone, and resource requirements and communications related to Human Resources project
- Act as consultant to the Human Resources (HR) team to support hiring, promotions, specific organizational initiatives, and annual compensation programs
- Analyze user requests, identify problems, research solutions, and resolve technical problems as needed for the wide variety of applications and systems supported
- Develop user guides and system documentation
- Maintain functional knowledge of HR processes and compliance
- Experience in company operations in aerospace, software, and/or other technical fields
- Experience in organizing and managing technical project including facilities builds, safety programs, and budgeting
- Coordinate cross-functionally across teams and departments
- Familiarity with space planning procedures and operations
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Ability to build strong relationships across different engineering teams and disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience working in a corporate operations environment
- Project management experience in various fields
- 2+ years of professional experience the area of compensation
- Ability to understand and build financial models in operations and construction
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in project management software
- Ability to provide project timelines and schedules
- Ability to lift up to 25 lb unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Applicant must be eligible to work on ITAR projects
- Experience working with legal contracts, including drafting, negotiation, amending standard templates, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Smartsheet, Quickbooks, Confluence, Jira, CRM tools, Ion, and/or PowerBI
- Oversaw Safety Programs meeting CalOSHA standards and SoCal AQMD processes
- Experience project management of large scale/complex projects
- Experience in aerospace or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience in Atlassian suite of products (Jira, confluence)
- Certified on Powered Industrial Trucks and Aerial Lifts
- Familiarity with DoD 6055
- Familiarity with program and project management in an aerospace start-up environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Range
- Director of Corporate Operations: $110,000.00 – $165,000.00/per year
- Base salary will be determine on a case-by-case basis related to experience, education, and job-related knowledge
- Company Stock
- You will be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of company stock and stock options.
- Medical: 100% coverage for employees and dependents for Gold PPO or Platinum HMO, 95% coverage for employees and dependents of Platinum PPO
- Mental Health: 100% up to 3-visits a month
- Vision: 90% coverage + 50% for dependents
- Dental: 90% Coverage + 50% for dependents
- 401k (with corporate matching)
- Onsite lunches five-days a week and dinners two-days a week
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA – an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup that is about to go through massive growth
- Company parties and generally a fun atmosphere
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Lunch and snacks provided on site. Dinners twice a week for those working late.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.