There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Our team is looking for highly motivated and creative candidates who will lead efforts in improving small molecule therapeutics with microgravity. This is an opportunity in an exciting area of growth for Varda, the role will shape Varda’s product culture, and will play a significant role in establishing the low earth orbit economy.
- Candidate will be responsible for serving as technical lead for crystallization and small molecule formulation
- Identification of physical forms and form selection
- Feasibility assessments, and contributing to design of experiments
- Driving analytical characterization, materials testing, and stability studies
- Collaborate closely with process engineering and broader engineering groups.
- Ph.D, degree in chemical engineering, materials science, or physical chemistry with 5+ years industry experience
- Experienced in API crystallization, formulation, and product development
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Pharmaceutical scientist with 8+ years of industry experience
- Degree in chemical engineering, physical chemistry, pharmaceutical science, materials science, or related fields
- Experience with broad range of formulation and crystallization technologies
- Experience as the responsible engineer or technical owner of projects at various stages including initial concept and high-volume scale-up
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.