There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Varda Space Industries, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our finance team. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for ensuring timely completion of all month-end financial reporting tasks and ensure department goals and objectives are achieved. This role will also be essential in developing spacecraft and end commodity accounting processes and procedures as our in-space manufacturing business matures. Presents an opportunity to work side by side with engineering and build teams and being on the leading edge of the NewSpace industry.
- Participate in the accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly accounting financial information for all business segments.
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, and reserves as required to support the company
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation related to external audit requirements, and interact with external auditors as required
- Support tax regulatory and tax compliance needs, including maintaining proper documentation for local and federal tax refunds/credits
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Assist with ERP implementation.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Handle special projects, taking full responsibility for the successful and timely completion of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or other business discipline
- 4+ years of accounting experience (cost accounting experience with manufacturing software a plus!)
- CPA license (or equivalent)
- Strong with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with US GAAP
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Ability to analyze a high volume of transactions and data; SQL experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment
- Interest in Aerospace industry or pharmaceutical manufacturing
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA – an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup that is about to go through massive growth
- Company parties and generally a fun atmosphere
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Lunch and snacks provided on site. Dinners twice a week for those working late.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.