There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About this Role
As a Varda Senior IT Network Architect, you will specialize in network engineering, implementation, analytical, and operational support for our systems. In this role you will ensure compliance to established system architecture, regulations, and security policies, follow standards and implement best practices, and author and maintain support documentation. Be ready to work in a fast paced, goal orientated work environment, all to support our groundbreaking technology and product line!
- Perform and manage cross site networking
- The position will be directly involved with supporting and expanding our campuses using our reliable design standards
- Implement, maintain, document, support and upgrade all aspects of Varda’s LAN/WAN/MAN/WLAN
- Build, maintain, and commission mission control
- Monitor network health using in-house and 3rd party tools
- Function as a Tier-2/3 escalation point
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information security, or a computer engineering discipline and 3+ years of hands-on networking engineering experience
- Hands on knowledge and experience of complex network designs, dynamic routing (OSPF, BGP RIP), QoS, network timing protocols PTP, NTP and network instrumentation- taps, SPAN, NetFlow, sFlow, etc.
- Experience setting up LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN in an enterprise and corporate setting
- Hands on experience with data center class switches
- Ability to bet a systems admin for Linux and Windows
- Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IP)
- Experience with large-scale application deployment and management systems such as Kubernetes
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems
- Experience with asset management
- Designing, implementing, managing, documenting, and troubleshooting IT networks
- Provide real-time monitoring/network information to the wider business.
- Teamwork skills are necessary to solve problems in a collaborative environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Python-based development frameworks
- Strong understanding of the OSI model and network standards
- Linux/Windows system administration
- Hands-on experience with:
- Cisco Catalyst and Arista data center class switches
- Cisco wireless LAN controllers or other wireless technologies
- Network Access Control (NAC) using 802.1X
- Wave Division Multiplexing and Fiber Optics
- DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IP helpers, ARP, CDP, LLDP
- BGP routing
- Switch port security features
- Experience with build systems (Make, Bazel/Pants/Buck, Gradle, etc.) and package management tools (pip, npm, etc.)
- Experience with source code and version control tools such as Git or Subversion
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or other automation frameworks
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA – an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup that is about to go through massive growth
- Company parties and generally a fun atmosphere
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Lunch and snacks provided on site. Dinners twice a week for those working late.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.