There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
In this newly created, high impact role, you will report to the CEO and serve as Varda's first in-house Talent Acquisition professional, collaborating with hiring managers to grow our team, and take our business to unprecedented heights. We are looking to significantly scale our workforce, and you will be the key driver to make that happen. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist will act as Varda’s “brand magnet,” taking over the recruiting process, optimizing that process, interviewing candidates, lining up interviews, and closing candidates – true full cycle recruiting. Since this is the first talent acquisition professional, the opportunity to design and build something elite, in collaboration with the C-Suite, makes this role truly unique, and incredibly exciting.
- Build the team that is designing, building, testing, and flying spacecraft including satellites and atmospheric reentry vehicles
- Own the full cycle recruiting/talent acquisition experience including sourcing, review of applications, candidate intake, and manage intern program + university outreach
- Manage Varda CRM and ATS platforms ensuring that candidate profiles are updated and complete
- Create and maintain the processes that lead to consistently great hires
- Full ownership of the corporate recruiting activities including sourcing, interviewing, negotiating offers, and onboarding
- Ability to grow and develop with the vehicle and the company as we build Varda
- Experience in technical recruiting in aerospace, software, and/or other technical fields
- Experience in organizing and hosting networking events, identifying industry experts, and cold-calling potential candidates
- Ability to own and organize the employee onboarding process including the job offer, background checks, reference checks, and new-hire paperwork
- Experience conducting interviews and setting up recruiting processes to properly vet candidates with the team
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of full cycle recruiting/talent acquisition experience, preferably in-house, ideally 7-10 years of experience in the healthcare, tech, or pharmaceutical industries.
- A high sense of urgency and a keen ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Background in interviewing candidates, cold sourcing passive candidates from a variety of avenues, experience in managing a full cycle recruitment process.
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, especially related to inclusive hiring practices, communication, sourcing, and retention
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Proven track record creating and setting up successful recruiting processes
- Prior startup/early-stage experience
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA – an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup that is about to go through massive growth
- Company parties and generally a fun atmosphere
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Lunch and snacks provided on site. Dinners twice a week for those working late.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.